Inspiration for parties can literally come from anywhere. Like when you’re on vacation and find yourself in a Party City, and your biggest Little Sprinkle asks if she can have a unicorn balloon. How could I possibly say no to that? She even named her balloon-a-corn Alicia, and with that, this adorable unicorn party was born. I came home from vacation with my family (and Alicia) and told Margie about the idea I had to create unicorn party ideas for a post here on the Sprinkle Sisters blog.
Unicorn Party Ideas
The first thing we did when we started planning this party was to write a list of Unicorn Party Ideas we could use. We started with the menu. A cake and cupcakes that would feature our Unicorn cake topper and cupcake kit was a must! So was Unicorn bark. Then we thought something savoury was important so we added cream cheese sprinkle pinwheel sandwiches to the menu and we rounded out the sweets with cotton candy and unicorn treats!
With the menu set, we found inspiration for the colours of the party in Alicia, the baloon-a-corn. She was bright pastels and we gravitated toward the pink and turquoise. We also used the Unicorn Sprinkle mix as colour inspiration. Pink, purple, turquoise and silver accents became the colour palette for this party. Then we gathered all the unicorn party supplies we could find.
Unicorn Party Supplies
We actually pulled this party together with a bunch of things we had around the house.
- Honeycomb balls (We love these because they make a really great filler for almost any party. We have a few different sizes and colours kicking around the house but the ones in this party are from Target.)
- White plates and cake plates
- We even repurposed our cream and sugar bowls
- We also pulled a candy dish that usually has a lid and used it to hold unicorn bark
- The Sprinkle Sisters Unicorn Party in a Box
- Finally, we grabbed paper plates, napkins, spoons, forks and paper straws that fit with our colour theme.
Unicorn Party Recipes
Cream Cheese Sprinkle Pinwheel Sandwiches
The Sprinkle Sisters
We decided to make cream cheese sprinkle pinwheel sandwiches because we wanted to have a savoury option on our table. These sandwiches are super easy to put together and took almost no time at all.
- 1 package Tramezzini bread. (That’s white crustless bread.) You can either buy it at the grocery store already cut like that or take a loaf of unsliced bread to your favourite bakery and ask them to cut it lengthwise.
- Cream Cheese
- Spread a piece of bread with soft cream cheese. Make sure you spread it evenly and all the way to the edges
- Add sprinkles. It’s best to add an even layer on the whole surface of the cream cheese.
- Roll your bread up from the short end.
- Wrap your roll in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- When you’re ready to serve your sandwiches, remove them from the fridge and slice them with a bread knife. You’ll get about 6 slices per roll.
This is a really easy recipe to make ahead of time. You can make it the day before the party and leave the rolls covered in plastic wrap in the fridge. Just remove them from the fridge and slice them when you’re ready to serve.
The Sprinkle Sisters
- Small chocolate wafers
- Preheat your oven to 200 degrees.
- Spread your chocolate wafers evenly on a parchment lined baking sheet
- Melt the wafers slightly in the warmed oven (about 3 minutes). They will look glossy on top when they’re ready.
- Sprinkle with sprinkles!
- Freeze for 30 minutes.
Store your unicorn treats in a sealed air tight container until you’re ready to serve them.
After seeing the pictures of how all our Unicorn Party Ideas came to life, the biggest Little Sprinkle asked if she could have a unicorn party too. We have to agree with her, it’s such a beautiful party, we can’t wait to do this one again!
On Thursday, we’re sharing our recipe for Unicorn Bark! Be sure to check it out!
Love and Sprinkles,
Shelagh and Margie