Making Unicorn Bark for our Unicorn Party was an absolute MUST. When Shelagh and I started planning the party, we didn’t even talk about it, we both just knew we’d be making it. We think it’s super fun and adds a colourful statement to the table. We also added it to the top of the cake, creating a ‘unicorn mountain’ for our cake topper to live in. (We are slightly obsessed with the cake and cake topper). We also might be slightly obsessed with this video. We’ve watched it at least a hundred times!
The Sprinkle Sisters
1 cup white melting wafers
1 cup pink melting wafers
1 cup purple melting wafers
Lots of sprinkles
- In three separate bowls, melt the wafers slowly in the microwave in 30 second increments until melted.
- Add the wafers to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper in a random order before running through the colours with a palette knife to marble them together.
- Shake shake shake the pan to spread the wafers out.
- Add as many sprinkles as you like. (We used Unicorn Sprinkles from the Sprinkle Sisters Shop.)
- Freeze for half an hour.
- Break the bark into small pieces
What we love about this recipe is that you only really need two things to make something amazing. Melting wafers in a few colours and sprinkles…how can you go wrong?!
It really is so easy. We added them haphazardly in dollops to the parchment paper. At first I was skeptical, but when Shelagh started moving them about with the palette knife, I was convinced. It looks amazing!
And then we added sprinkles. Sprinkles really do make everything better.
Once it was frozen and set for a bit we broke them into bite sized pieces.
We served the Unicorn bark on a cake plate, but we also added it to our Unicorn cake. We’ve been in love with this cake since the moment we made it!